Today I noticed a lot of NULL values for SCCM Client Software Inventory. Here is my fix
· SCCM Client [enter machine name here] had a NULL value for Last Software Inventory
· I forced a resync of Software Inventory on the client and looked at the SINVPROC.log a few days later.
· The logs (unfortunately only last for a couple days) so…
· I went into the Inboxes\SINV\BadSINV folder and noticed a lot of files
· Ran a powershell script to find a file with [enter machine name here] in it
o select-string -path *.sic -pattern “[enter machine name here” | ft filename
· Took the file and moved it to inboxes\auth\sinv.box so that it would get processed again
· Watched the SINVPROC.LOG and noticed that the file was rejected because it was larger than 4mb
· Looked that up on the web and found the solution was to modify HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Components\SMS_SOFTWARE_INVENTORY_PROCESSOR\Max File Size
o The value I saw was set to 5mb. Don’t ask why the log file said 4mb!
o I changed it to the max size which is 50mb (according to Wally Meed – AKA SCCM God)
· Did step 6 again to find the file
· Did step 7 again
· Good to go.
Here are my references